|AWASH INTERNATIONAL BANK S.C.|
Awash International Bank S.C. was established in November 1994 as the 1st private commercial bank in the new era of private banking in Ethiopia. It started operation in February 1995.
· Share holders base: Over 2310 shareholders
· Capital base: Authorized: Birr 300 million (Represented by 300,000 ordinary shares of Birr 1000 par value)
· Subscribed: Birr 200 million
· Paid up: Birr 158.4 million
· Branch net-work: 35 branches (20 in Addis Ababa city and 15 in Administrative regions). Branch network continues to expand.
· Customers: Serves over 260,000 customers. The number continues to grow.
· Employment Creation: Over 1,236 employees.
· Profitability: Recorded uninterrupted profitability in the past eleven years with an average annual return on equity of 21.7%.
· To meet the needs of the emerging private sector for efficient and dependable banking services.
· To expand and diversify commercial banking services tailored to the growing needs of customers.
· To operate profitably and generate attractive return on equity.
· To contribute towards the economic and social development of Ethiopia and its people.
This site was last updated 05/08/06